Thursday 12 October 2023

 More than a decade ago, the Scottish National Cage Bird Society folded. It had held an annual show on 1st and 2nd January for many years - well over 100 - but lack of support killed it and many of us thought they'd never see it reinstituted. 

Then last year a small group of fanciers got together and did the work which led to the creation of Scotland's National Bird Club which hosted the first National Exhibition in Scotland for more than a decade. I was pleased to be a small part of that group. 

At the show, Gordon Alexander won Best Scots Fancy and I took the awards for Second and Third Best Scots Fancy as well as Best Old Variety with a Belgian flighted cock bird, the son of my world champion bird. 

The whole event was a great success and it is planned to happen again next year. If I can leave the hobby any legacy, it'll be my tiny part in this new venture.


Gordon Alexander with his winner of Best Scots Fancy at Scotland's National Bird Show


My Second and Third Best Scots Fancies at Scotland's National Bird Show


The top three Scots Fancies at Scotland's National Bird Show


My winning Belgian Bossu canary which won Best Old variety at Scotland's National Bird Show


The trophy for Best Old Variety



No comments:

Post a Comment